Thursday, November 3, 2016

Such Adventures?: Zombie Weapons

When I watch The Walking Dead I can't help but think about what I would do in such circumstances. I imagine the prowess I would display in dispatching zombies and megalomaniacs.  I think of strategies and logistics. How many weapons can you carry? Would you stay in one place or be nomadic? Where to migrate too if you were to settle down? If you surround yourself by water would they all just drown and pile up? Is a river the ultimate zombie fence? Why doesn't anyone in The Walking Dead have a spear? 

Never mind zombies; what about psychopaths and tribes of cannibals? There are roughly 6 weapon slots that I would want to fill in order to have a well rounded set of options. Here are a few things I wouldn't mind having in a post apocalyptic world. As I sit alone fantasizing about a world in which I was courageous and heroic I wonder, what is so appealing about such adventures? 
  
1.Small carbine with 3 point sling. 

2.Melee Weapons: Long blade: spear, long sword, katana, machete etc...

    

    




3. Long knife. Fixed blade.


4. Small knife. 

5.Handgun .357/.38 
6. Concealed small handgun 38 special snub.                                     


-Alternative Ranged Weapons: bows, shotguns, crossbows, throwing knives, etc...


-Blunt alternatives: baton, bat, ax, club, etc...

Evolved from the ancient hunter the warrior is portrayed as heroic and noble. Brave and bold the warrior has purpose and a hearty character . If the warrior can hold true to their goal, treasure and glory awaits. The zombie represents a perfectly evil enemy for the warrior to test their metal. But in the world of the dead the true enemy are the living. For they have hate and a lust for power. Also, zombies are slow as fuck. 



No comments:

Post a Comment