Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Getting Pulled Over with Shrooms Story

The sirens blared as I pulled into the parking lot of Mingus Park. I tried to remain calm as the four teenagers riding with me scrambled to make themselves ready for the interrogation. As the sun glared across my windshield and I stopped the car we waited for the officer to walk up.

Earlier that day:

"What do liberty caps look like?" I asked John as we stepped out into the cow pasture miles out of city limits. It was a friend of a friend's property and we were looking for magic mushrooms. John proceeded to explain that liberty caps were small, light brown mushrooms that grow in and around cow dung. We walked around a bit and he pointed one out. It was among a patch of 20 or so and as soon as I knew what I was looking for they were everywhere.

Four of us were walked around the field and in just a couple hours each of our small bags were filled to the brim. My friend, John, was the mastermind of this event and told us that the tea he would make would be plenty for everyone so we compiled them all into two large zip lock bags. I was the driver for the excursion and it seemed reasonable that I set them under my seat before we headed back into town.


"Everyone shut up and be cool," I said to my would be fellow felons as the police officer walked up to my door.

"Do you know why I pulled you over?" He asked looking around at the young people filling my car.
"No," I said as I handed him my ID

"You failed to use your blinker when you pulled in here," he explained.

"Oh," I said, mildly shocked at the minor indiscretion I was pulled over for.

"Hey, Trevor. You talk to your parole officer lately," the officer said to one of the boys in the backseat. Someone I didn't know very well, let alone know that they were on parole.

"Yes. Talked to him yesterday," Trevor answered respectfully. 

"OK," the officer said as he turned his attention back to me. "I'm gunna let you off with a warning but you make sure to be careful next time."

"Absolutely," I responded as I took my ID back.

The officer walked back to his car and drove off as we all collectively let out a sigh of relief. This wasn't the first time I had been pulled over for a minor traffic violation but it was the first time I had two pounds of magic mushrooms under my seat. If the officer had found them I would have been royally fucked but instead I didn't even get a ticket.

Later that night, while a group of degenerate teenagers hung out by the tracks in Lakeside, mushroom tea was being prepared. As the night went on I watched as the people around me took little trips to an unknown place without me. I wasn't ready to take the plunge into psychedelics that night but soon I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment