Saturday, July 21, 2018

The Cult Dream on 7/19/2018

Walking home at night through a back route that was in a small field when I am attacked by a young man with knives as fingers and a mask. Looked like a monster out of a Saw movie.
Later my brother along with my sister and mom are in the field to help me but my brother insists that we follow after the maniac.
I knew without sufficient weaponry we would be tortured, killed and may be eaten.
We follow the trail into the woods when we come across a cult worshipping in the woods.
I tackle the first one I see and a fight breaks out but there are too many of them.
I'm not sure how I got out of it.

Analysis:
Prior to this evening's dream, I had had little sleep and had a fairly stressful day. The next day was expected to be even more stressful.  Anticipating all the potential issues happening the next day and anticipating the day, in general, this dream was about fear. Also, I didn't smoke any weed that night. This was one of the most vivid dreams I have had in a long time. It was full of dread and anxiety.

I ended up getting enough sleep though, and the next day turned out to be a good day. Still, it was very stressful as I was doing professional work with zero experience and little training. I think that the dream was a template for dealing with the impending stress. It was a kind of rehearsal. I followed my brother into a stressful situation but the only way to deal with it was to head toward it and take it on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment