Saturday, December 31, 2016

Bowling and Dinner with the Family

12/31/2016
I woke up barely able to open my eyes. They were heavy with what I can only assume is the fatigue of alcohol and bad dreams. I swear I had a dream that I came in and out of with the direct knowledge it was a dream. The details of my lucid dreaming was as easy to hold onto as the slippery memory that remains of it now.
Next came bowling with my brother and his son. There was a cute server there and I became anxious whenever I would fantasize about asking her out. I did not end up speaking with her other than to ask for a water and such but it is certainly a sign that I am interested in dating again.   We had a good time and I bowled fairly well. My dad used to take me bowling and it continues to be one of the only pleasant memories of my childhood with my dad.
I finished the book Hell Came With Her by Channing Cornwall and I am finishing up the review.
I am now sitting in the living room of my Mom and Sister's house after a lovely homemade dinner of ham, mashed potatoes, salad and more. I think the plan is to watch What About Bob and then head home to ring in the new year. After last night I remember why I don't enjoy drinking so much. The slight euphoria, mild numbness and inhibitions is not worth the sleepless, gastrointestinal discomfort and lethargy. So, another drug will be utilized tonight to celebrate the new year and all it has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment