Monday, February 6, 2017

I climb down the ladder (Dream Diary)

02/05/2017 after 12:00 am

I was hanging on for dear life on the top of a narrow cliff outcropping, like a massive bridge to nowhere, high above a rocky shore along with a large crowd of people. All squirming around and trying not to fall. Gary Vaynerchuck was there and was having no problem with the situation at all. There were two others there that I knew; I think they were friends from high school. All of a sudden my two friends lost their respective grips and fell around 50 ft. to the hard ground, the waves lapping across their bodies not quite obscuring them from the view from above. I remember feeling extreme anxiety and fear about the situation and that I would most certainly fall soon.

Not long later I was more composed and began to walk atop the cliff trying to find a way down when I see Gary Vaynerchuck explaining that he was going to simply climb down the face of the cliff free style, because he can do that kind of shit I guess. Then I find a hidden rope ladder, which must be the way all these frantic people got up here in the first place. Duh. I climb down the ladder.


(In the past when I had a dream that embodied anxiety, IE: tsunamis engulfing me, being chased; that kind of thing, I would wake up just as the anxiety reached it's height. This would often manifest as death or falling in the dream but lately my dreams do not stop at the anxiety. I seem to be able to push past the fear trigger and move to a more calm and rational outlook during a dream. This change in dream outcomes may be a result of my general maturation and may represent a change in my outlook on life.)

No comments:

Post a Comment