Wednesday, February 1, 2017

I justed finished watching Bill Burr's new special

02/01/2017 at 12:30 am


I justed finished watching Bill Burr's new special "Walk Your Way Out" with my brother. In this special he utilizes his immense imagination and engaging stage presence to tell stories that seem to be going off the rails at times but always end up on track toward a laugh. That was a lame sentence. (I'll start over.)

The first time I saw Bill Burr was in the early 2000's when he came to my tiny, backwoods, community college. I remember thinking it was amazing and that live comedy was something special. I remember being really stoned and that someone in the audience got kicked out for being a drunk asshole. Since then I have seen a lot of Bill Burr's work from my computer. From his previous special "I'm Sorry You Feel That Way" to his Netflix TV show "F is for Family". He's even in "Breaking Bad" which I'm re-watching now. I love when he is on Joe Rogan's podcast and he has his own podcast where he rants about things.

Bill Burr's special most recent special really was great. It's funny and entertaining and his characters, voices and body language are engaging and hilarious. He takes on taboos with ease and a biting humor and his observations are dark, grounded in reality, playful and maybe a little whimsical. I relate to his sensibilities minus some of the anger. I'd recommend it to anyone who isn't afraid to hear someone speak their mind.

Other than that I went to work earlier and I am becoming more self reliant. I feel like I know the people that work there better and I'm more comfortable helping customers. After work I came home and caught up with my brother about business stuff. A couple things are not going as well as we wish they would. Getting funding from one source didn't work out, a client is late on a payment, our custom e-mails aren't working. Minor things ultimately, but they are frustrating. We have a meeting tomorrow about a previous job and branding. I am excited to see what is next for the business.

No comments:

Post a Comment