Friday, February 3, 2017

I expect people I deal with to be respectful

02/03/2017 at 1 am

Yesterday my brother and I had a meeting with a friend about a recent photo shoot and some other design and business stuff. It was a great conversation about future goals and potential collaborations. After the meeting my brother and I talked about what is important in a business relationship and number one is communication. You have to be on the same page from conception to payment or one party might start to attribute intentions and motivations that might not be accurate. It is easy to assume that someone else is disregarding you on purpose but they are more likely just busy, unaware, or sometimes they are straight up unprofessional.

That is why it is important to stay in communication during a project and afterwards to make sure that everyone was happy with the collaboration. Business deals should be win win even when there are compromises are there are always compromises which is why it is also important to set standards. I expect people I deal with to be respectful, prompt and honest. I expect a high degree of integrity from myself and that allows me to expect it of others. I make mistakes but it I am stronger and healthier when I own them and I respect others that strive do the same.

My brother and I also discussed how important it is to be flexible and personable in relationships. In every project you hope will exceed the clients expectations and generate fruitful future business, have some fun and do work that matters. Finding good people who are willing to work with you to further each other's goals is ideal and it is important to not take good collaborators for granted. It is equally important to make sure that you aren't being taken for granted or advantage of. Hence, communication and standards play a major role in developing positive relationships. It's also important to take good advice and not let ego get in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment