Friday, February 3, 2017

It was surreal and almost pleasant (Dream Diary)

02/03/2017 after midnight whilst sleeping

Last night I had an amazingly vivid and curious dream. Here are the parts I remember:

It was in the future 20 or so years. I was in a very small apartment with my brother and others. It was in the city I think and it was very cramped. The room was designed to accomplish a lot in a small amount of space. At one point I asked about what I missed and all the technology looked different and weird. There was a TV that had an old fashioned knob that was floating away from the screen. The scene reminded me of "The Fifth Element" or "Blade Runner". (I am reading "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep".)

At one point I was inspecting a trophy case that had memorabilia and on the left side where remnants of my early contributions to Fractal Focus but instead of being video or photography they were just crafts with symbols and painting of them. Like rocks or pottery that I had decorated. And on the right side I remember looking up at a much bigger set of accomplishments that represented what my brother had done for the business and after that, while I had been gone. The business had come and gone and I had no idea what had happened.

Then It cuts to a big house on a hill with trees surrounding it. I am foggy on the details here but I think it involved family and learning more about what I had missed.

Then I am on a row boat in the ocean where whales are breaching the water very close by. Someone else and I are on our way to find my friend Justin that I haven't seen in the 20 or so years I had been gone. He was being held prisoner on a sub that was parked outside the city. (I saw a sub at OMSI recently and my friend Justin lives on the coast.) When we get to the sub we board the top and I hear something coming from a metal tube sticking out the top of the sub. I hear my friend Justin singing a made up funny song that is coming from a small slit in the side of the tube. I sing back down to him something about being there to see him and I remember coming up with something clever involving my name.

That is what I remember. It wasn't scary. It was like waking up from a coma and realizing the world had gone on without you. It was surreal and almost pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment