Thursday, January 5, 2017

That reminds me of this Ted Talk about the Adverse Childhood Study

01/05/2017 at 2 am

This morning I started off by watching a few videos on Youtube. Then I did some dishes and played some Battlefield 1 while listening to a presentation on spanking by Stefan Molyneux. Supposedly France made hitting children illegal which is a great thing. I think spanking is hitting and people shouldn't hit defenseless children. Children do not choose their parents and look to them to model love and provide security and connection. They have no ability to leave the environment when it is legal to hit them. Child abuse and neglect have been shown to lower IQ, lead to higher rates of obesity, promiscuity, risk seeking behavior and other negative outcomes. Check out this presentation as well. The Facts about Spanking by Stefan Molyneux.

That reminds me of this Ted Talk about the Adverse Childhood Study
How childhood trauma affects health across a lifetime | Nadine Burke Harris

Other than that I helped my sister with her groceries and chatted about her experiences living in Portland for the last 6 months. We talked about her relationship with our mom and dad and got keys made so I would have access to the things I have stored at her house. Then we picked up her daughter and I hung out with them for a little while are their house. We played blocks and watched Zou. Then my brother came by and he took me back to his house.

We worked on out website more and looking into buying a shoulder rig for the 80D. By Friday we plan on finalizing the website, the LLC paperwork and whether or not to buy the shoulder rig. After that we watch the season 3 finale of Dexter. Then I played Battlefield 1 for about 2 hours. Now I am writing this and needing to go to bed.

I will leave with this bit of horrible news:
‘F**k Donald Trump, F**k White People!’: 4 People In Custody After Man Kidnapped, Tortured On Facebook Live


No comments:

Post a Comment