Sunday, January 15, 2017

The wind blowing hard against the garage door

01/15/2017 at 1:30 am

Today was another cold day in the neighborhood. The wind blowing hard against the garage door filling my dreams with sawing, cracking and pounding. Visions of murderers and monsters kept me up all morning so I didn't get much sleep. When I did awake I realized I had nothing much to do and with my car surrounded by thick snow it wouldn't have mattered if I had something to do anyways. I took my sweet time lounging in my pajamas watching digital entertainment media including but not limited to "Luther" and Youtube.

Then I took a shower and bundled up for a short trek through the frigid wasteland to Winco to buy perishables. I made it there safe, shopped and braved the trek back with the hostile wind in my face. Then I read a chapter of a book and took a short and powerful nap. After I awoke from my rejuvenating nap my mom picked me up and I spent the evening at her house. I watched my two year old niece for about half an hour while my mother and sister went to get groceries. I read her a couple quick books, she brushed her hair with entirely too much water and entirely not much brushing, watched some "Goldie and the Bear" (I think), and played with building blocks.

Then we had a dinner of tuna sandwiches and soup and then my sister and I took a walk around the block in the freezing weather to talk about life, parenting and living with my mom. I played some more with the toddler and enjoyed my time hanging out. Then I returned to an empty home and played some BF1 while chatting with my friend Channing for a while. We caught up on all the latest gossip and goings on. Then some "Comedy Bang Bang" and now this.

No comments:

Post a Comment