Monday, January 2, 2017

It Was a Great Way to Start the Year

01/02/2017 at 1am

The first thing I did yesterday was watch an interview of Ben Shapiro by Dave Rubin on Youtube. It was a very good conversation about Trump, the "Left", the "alt right", and other such topics. I am very impressed with both Rubin and Shapiro for their eloquence and thoughtfulness. Shapiro's ability to intelligently argue a position is inspiring and I realized that I think he, a few others, have politics covered pretty well. I doubt I could fight that fight as well and I doubt it would be fulfilling but I do enjoy debates and criticizing politics.  I tweeted that shit out. 

Then the family went on a long walk in the park. After a bit my brother and I started talking about the business, Fractal Focus. We talked about barriers, timelines, expectations and finances. When we returned to the house we prepared for an early dinner. It was home made Yum bowls. If you don't know what those are I suggest you check it out. 

After dinner I read for a few minutes and then my brother came to me with our new website. We collaborated on the fractalfocus.com website and got a very nice landing page set up. Then we ordered business cards and looked at the cost to set up an official LLC. It's not too expensive but we are taking a couple days to get money in order. A few bills show up right at the beginning of the year but tax returns will arrive so I shouldn't worry so much. Then we edited some release forms and checked some items off the list. 

I had promised the nephew I would play Lego Marvel Avengers with him so we completed two levels heroically. Then an episode of Dexter with my brother and his wife. A screening of Mr. Brooks with Kevin Costner rounds out the evening of serial killer entertainment. Now I am thinking about going to bed and what I might do tomorrow. 

It was a great way to start the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment