Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Later I read for a long while

01/17/2017 at 2 am

Before passing out last night I lay in my bed scrambling to create spreadsheets and get the ideas about marketing out of my head. I created an advertising effectiveness table while pinching and zooming in the dark when my computer was right there but it was three in the morning and I had already committed to going to bed. I updated some financials and then finally fell asleep, exhausted.

I woke up this morning ready to get something done. My brother would be home soon and I wanted to have accomplished something productive before he did so I did my laundry. I also watched a few Youtube videos about how to utilize Facebook paid advertising to get clients and drafted up letter templates to send to Prospective Clients.

Then, in the middle of all my efforts, the family came home. I continued to work as they clambered around the house ridding it of the desolate silence it had endured. I did not make a fuss about everyone coming home but internally I was very happy they were back. I missed having them around and having friends to talk with. My nephew came in and gave me a big hug and the older ones were pleasant too. My brother and I caught up while getting coffees and we watched some footage of their vacation when we got back.

Later I read for a long while. It may have been the longest I have continuously read something in a very long time. I am really enjoying this book and reading has become something I look forward to.

Then I took a shower and my brother and I met a friend at a restaurant to talk about business. We talked for about and hour and half while eating burritos and fajitas and shit. It was a wonderful conversation about collaborating on business opportunities. The longer you talk with someone the easier it is to be honest.

Then we came home and worked on the website a bit and then watched a couple episodes of "Bloodline". It's an intriguing mystery but it is very slow and absurdly mellow dramatic. It has great acting and cinematography but it spoon feeds you information slowly like an IV drip of drama and confusion. No one tells jokes and everything sucks even though they are supposed to be a "great" family and have plenty of money, power and influence. I think the mom is the mastermind but that is only after two episodes.

Then my brother and I started talking about crime and started to look up crime statistics before he decided to go to bed. Now this and that and this and uh?

No comments:

Post a Comment