Sunday, January 22, 2017

My aunt is in town

01/22/2017 at 1 am

Today started with a look at the bruised eyelid and finding that the swelling had gone down but the bruising had spread a bit. Not too worrisome and I think it is healing well. Then I got a text from my friend Channing that he would be in town in a couple of hours and we should meet up. His wife and he were going to see Louis CK live in downtown Portland this evening but had a few hours to hang out. We were going to go to the zoo but it closed early and it was raining like crazy so we decided to go to OMSI. The featured exhibit was closed so we only got to see all the kids playing with educational modules. But we got a chance to catch up and hang out and it was quite enjoyable. He signed my copy of his book and left a lovely note for me.
Then they dropped me home and I hung out for a couple of hours before a dinner out with the family. My aunt is in town, from Southern California, for a few days and we all met at a fancy restaurant to have dinner. I haven't seen my aunt in a few years and we chatted about what we had been up to and her new job and business ventures. She told me about my cousins and what they have been up to and planning on a time when I could come visit. It was very nice and everyone was there except Micah. He couldn't go because he had tickets to see Louis CK too. I ate too much and drank too much coffee. 

When we got home we watched a couple episodes of "Dexter". Then my brother and I watched half of an interview Dennis Prager by Dave Rubin. I will finish that up soon. I have work tomorrow and then dinner at mom's house with the family again. I need to have a conversation with my brother about my contribution to the business but that is for another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment